We are seeking a Full-time Band 7 Occupational therapist
List of duties:
· Effectively assess patients with highly complex neurological conditions applying specialist skills to address patient needs.
· Identify occupational therapy goals as part of a patient's goal planning process with the patient, carer and multidisciplinary team (MDT).
· Key work designated highly complex patients. Role includes promoting a multidisciplinary team approach, overseeing the patient needs/goals are addressed, ensuring goal planning meetings are timely and being named contact for patient, family/ carers, team and other agencies.
· Plan and implement specialist treatment approaches for patients, with cognitive, physical and behavioural needs in conjunction with carers, MDT members, and agencies both internal and external to the service.
· Monitor, evaluate and modify interventions for patients with multiple needs including supporting the MDT in order to measure effective intervention.
· Demonstrating a high level of understanding on the effect of disability recommend adaptations, strategies and support for both the patient and their carers/family and multi-disciplinary team to achieve maximum rehabilitation potential, e.g. involvement of voluntary organisations, use of cognitive strategies or specific equipment.
· Manage a defined caseload, using evidence based client centred specialist practice to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patients with highly complex neurological needs (physical, cognitive, behavioural and social). Co-operating and coordinating with MDT ensure the programme is delivered to the highest quality.
· Prepare and transfer modification/adaptations and strategies to the home/placement environment as part of an effective discharge package with support from the MDT.