MSI Recruitment currently have amazing opportunities for Occupational Therapists in the Birmingham area.
We are looking for nurses who can commit to working the following hours- Monday to Friday, 08:00 - 16:00.
List of duties:
- Effectively assess patients with highly complex neurological conditions applying specialist skills to address patient needs.
- Identify occupational therapy goals as part of a patient's goal planning process with the patient, carer and multidisciplinary team (MDT).
- Key work designated highly complex patients. Role includes promoting a multidisciplinary team approach, overseeing the patient needs/goals are addressed, ensuring goal planning meetings are timely and being named contact for patient, family/ carers, team and other agencies.
- Plan and implement specialist treatment approaches for patients, with cognitive, physical and behavioural needs in conjunction with carers, MDT members, and agencies both internal and external to the service.
- Monitor, evaluate and modify interventions for patients with multiple needs including supporting the MDT in order to measure effective intervention.
- Demonstrating a high level of understanding on the effect of disability recommend adaptations, strategies and support for both the patient and their carers/family and multi-disciplinary team to achieve maximum rehabilitation potential, e.g. involvement of voluntary organisations, use of cognitive strategies or specific equipment.
- Manage a defined caseload, using evidence based client centred specialist practice to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patients with highly complex neurological needs (physical, cognitive, behavioural and social). Co-operating and coordinating with MDT ensure the programme is delivered to the highest quality.
- Prepare and transfer modification/adaptations and strategies to the home/placement environment as part of an effective discharge package with support from the MDT.
MSI offer successful candidates the following benefits:
- Daily payroll services
- Competitive rates of pay
- Dedicated specialist recruitment consultant
- On-call support team available 24 hours a day
- Quick & easy registration
- Nationwide client opportunities
- Up to £200 referral scheme
We pay a referral bonus of £200 so if this role isn't right for you but you know someone who may be interested please share details of the role with them.