Consultant Community Paediatrician with an interest in neurodisability
Are you a Community Paediatrician seeking to become part of a vibrant and growing Community Paediatric service?
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Consultant Community Paediatrician with core community paediatric responsibilities in neurodevelopmental conditions, neurodisability and/ or epilepsy.
Become a part of one of the most prominent organisations in Southeast England, boasting an impressive annual turnover of £476 million. Their comprehensive health services are delivered by a dedicated workforce of over 7000 professionals. These experts operate across two acute hospitals, three community hospitals, and an extensive network of over 100 community sites, encompassing even home-based care.
The post offers opportunities to develop a specialist interest in the following areas: Neurodisability, Epilepsy, Children in Care, Clinical Leadership, Transition from childrens to adults health services, Sleep Medicine, and Educational Medicine.
Furthermore, you will have the chance to cultivate expertise in childhood epilepsy, as you collaborate within an integrated acute and community paediatric epilepsy team. Additionally, you can explore the option of acquiring supplementary qualifications in leadership or medical education. This platform provides an exceptional avenue for honing your skills and advancing your professional journey.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Accountable to the Clinical Lead
- Promote a multi-disciplinary team approach to care within community paediatrics.
- Teach and supervise junior medical staff.
- Undertake child development assessments working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Participation in clinical safeguarding work including attendance at inter-agency strategy discussions and case conferences, and some involvement in medical assessments for neglect.
- Involvement in writing reports for EHCP and attendance at multidisciplinary meetings with Education such as panel meetings
- Participate in clinical governance, audit, appraisals and reseach
- Full registration with GMC and on the specialty register or within 6 months of CCT.
- MRCPCH or equivalent
- Completed or will complete within six months of commencement of the post, higher specialist training in Community Paediatrics, or general paediatrics including 3 years of Community Paediatrics, or Neuro-disability.
- Level 3 Safeguarding to have been completed.
If you're seeking a fresh and exciting challenge, we encourage you to apply today and take the next step in your career journey!