CAMHS Consultant Psychiatrist
Are you passionate about providing exceptional care for young people and children?
This is an opportunity for you to be part of an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care.
As a Consultant, you'll know what it means to lead a team. To always strive for better. Better care, a better you, a better service and as a Specialist in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry you'll know how to best help the twelve young people with eating disorders in our care (plus 4 additional day service users).
Working as part of the multidisciplinary team, you will be the clinical expert from a medical perspective to ensure best practice care is delivered and support the team. You will also work collaboratively with NHS clinicians and commissioners.
You have access to a large and supportive peer group of like-minded professionals to engage and network with, as well as a range of benefits and excellent range of career development opportunities.
Key role and responsibilities for the CAMHS Consultant Psychiatrist role:
- Ensure that people admitted are assessed, treated, and discharged safely
- Medication management
- Quality assurance, complaints and co-production
- Delivery of NICE guidance
- Lead and manage the CPA and ICR process to ensure full compliance with quality standards
Minimum requirements for the CAMHS Consultant Psychiatrist is:
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Full GMC registration with licence to practice
- MRCPsych or MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- On the Specialist Register for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry or be accepted within 6 months
- Section 12(2) approval, Approved Clinician status
- Clinical training and experience required for gaining UK CCT.
- Widespread and detailed experience of assessment and management of patients in Child and Adolescent psychiatry
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
What we offer for the CAMHS Consultant Psychiatrist role:
- Competitive annual salary plus GBP8,400 car allowance
- GBP8,000 relocation allowance
- Working from home once a week
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically led environments
Our client follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each persons individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Discover more about this exciting opportunity to contribute to making a difference. If you're intrigued, apply today!