Our client is looking for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join a specialist CAMHS Eating Disorder service with 3 wards, which empowers recovery in a fast-paced, challenging and fun environment for children and young people aged 8-18 years with eating disorders.
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education.
As a Consultant Psychiatrist working 37.5 hours per week, you will deliver an evidence-based and focused treatment plan to support the children and young people aged 8-18, and their families, as they progress through their care plans to understand eating behaviours and restore physical health.
You will work alongside the talented and experienced multidisciplinary team to create tailored treatment programmes to support the individual needs of each young person within a warm and nurturing environment. This will allow you to understand symptoms, patterns and origins of psychological distress.
There is an on-call element to this role.
- Highly competitive annual salary
- The equivalent of 30 days annual leave (pro-rata) - plus your birthday off!
- Free meals & Parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- are also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing and much more.
- Review referrals and determine appropriateness for admission
- Conduct Admission assessment and ensure effective management plans of all young people on the unit
- Conduct risk assessment and review regularly
- Allocate specialist psychological treatments in line with individual needs
- Assess physical health
- Ensuring effective liaison with referring teams
- Facilitating regular CPA review meeting
- Act as Responsible Medical Officer for young people detained under the Mental Health Act
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Registered on the Specialist Register for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry with a licence to practice
- Experience of CAMHS eating disorders desirable
Our client follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each persons individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.